ART IN THE ATTIC 2015
25th ART IN THE ATTIC – NOT “JUST ANOTHER ART SHOW”
Almonte Old Town Hall
Fri 8 May 7-9 pm, Sat 9 May 10 am – 7pm, Sun 10 May 10 am – 4pm
We are so excited ! It is the silver anniversary of Art In The Attic and we are pulling out all the stops ! It starts with our grand opening on Friday 8 May at 7 pm in the Almonte Old Town Hall. In addition to the exciting works of almost two dozen local artists, we have invited Avenir Design Studio to do a fashion show, partway through the evening, on the stage and amongst the art boards – art is not just hung on walls….
There will be art in almost every media, oils, acrylic, glass, photography, textile and more. Many of your favorite artists are returning plus some “fresh” new ones. AITA has a reputation of offering wonderful and affordable art and something will surely speak to you.
For a number of years we have invited local high school artists to join us, not only to showcase and promote young talent but also give them the chance to experience a “gallery” show. This year we are very pleased to show the amazing talent of the art students from Notre Dame High School. We also invite one of the inspirational speakers we have had throughout the year to display their work at AITA and so we are thrilled to have our special guest artist, Barbara Carroll, with her renowned textile art. Throughout the weekend, live music will be provided by local musicians of the musical group Shipman’s Mills – talent abounds in this area !
The Almonte and Area Artists’ Association has long been an integral part of the community. In celebration of this, we have collectively created a 26 foot streetscape of the main street of Almonte as it would have been in 25 years ago. For the past few week, the local shopkeepers in downtown Almonte have also allowed us to display works in their storefront windows. When you come to Art In The Attic you will receive a package with a map and discount coupons and cards from participating stores. Start at the art show, stroll down the Riverwalk and then walk along Mill St and enjoy the unique offering of the downtown merchants and imagine what it was like 25 years ago – make it a day, make it an artful experience !
And last but not least, the staff of the Humm will be doing “the Humm Selection” of their favorite pieces. We all truly appreciate the fantastic support of the arts that they provide and love to have them participate in our show.
ART IN THE ATTIC SHOW & SALE 2015
HIGHLIGHTS OF REGISTRATION PACKAGE
1. Work shown in the main display area must be the artist’s original work. A separate area aside from the main display area will be available for unframed work and reproductions. Artists must identify if they will be bringing unframed work or reproductions as well.
2. Photographs – signed limited editions of no more than 10 (e.g. 1/10)
3. Every third piece may be a piece from previous AITA shows.
4. Due to limited space artists will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis
5. All participating artists are required to perform show duties and work time slots during the show
DATES OF SHOW:
Friday May 8th, Saturday May 9th and Sunday May 10th 2015 10 am to 4 pm
1. Deadline for registration is Saturday, March 31, 2015
2. Registration Fee is $35 for members who joined before
31 Dec 13, $42 for members who joined after 31 Dec 13.
3. Payable by cheque to Almonte and Area Artists’ Association
4. Registration Form and cheque may be mailed to Laurel Cook, 355 Bowland Rd, RR#2, Clayton, ON K0A 1P0 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
SALES RECORD FORM
1. List all work including work to be hung to replace sold work
2. Hand in the completed form on or before the April 07, 2014
Monthly Members’ Meeting, Almonte Public Library, 7:30 p.m
3. Form is a requirement for participation in the Show.
1. A work schedule will be prepared and circulated at the April 09 Monthly Members’ Meeting at 7:30. If you are unable to fill your slot, you must identify this to AITA Director Laurel Cook at this meeting and indicate an alternate duty/slot that you can fill. All artists must help with show takedown on Sun May 18th 4:00 p.m.
Here are all the information and forms you need in pdf forms:
Registration Form: REGISTRATION FORM AITA 2013
Sales Record Form: SALES RECORD AITA 2013
Complete rules: Rules AITA 2013